ITG FAQ Answer #4-Can I request Federal Income Tax withholding on non-gaming per capita distributions?

Yes. Since the non-gaming per capita distributions are still considered gross income to the recipient, these distributions must be reported on the individual’s income tax return, subject to Federal Income taxes. To avoid a possible balance due when filing your income tax return, you can request your tribe to withhold Federal Income Taxes on your non-gaming Per Capita distributions.

Return to List of FAQs