Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

ITG FAQ #8 Answer-Are members of federally recognized tribes subject to federal taxes as individuals?

Yes, with important exceptions.  Members of federally recognized tribes are subject to federal income taxes. In most situations, if a tribal member works for anyone, including himself, he is subject to the appropriate federal income taxes on the income, in most situations. This is also true for passive income the person might receive, from most sources.

Return to List of FAQs