Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Authenticating Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs)

• This office can verify original documentation and certified copies of the documentation from the issuing agency for primary and secondary applicants and their dependents.

• All applicants for an ITIN or an ITIN renewal, including children, must appear in person at the time the Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, is submitted to have their identification and any other supporting documents verified and returned the same day.

• A separate Form W-7 must be completed for each applicant in need of an ITIN to start the application process.

• This office can verify the following types of documents required to be submitted when filing Form W-7:
    • Passports
    • National Identity Card
    • U.S. Driver’s License
    • Civil Birth Certificate
    • Foreign Driver’s License
    • U.S. State Identification Card
    • Foreign Voter’s Registration Card
    • U.S. Military Identification Card
    • Foreign Military Registration Card
    • United States Visa  
    • USCIS photo identification

• These documents will be returned to you immediately. All other original documentation and copies of documentation certified by issuing agencies will be forwarded with the Form W-7 application to the IRS ITIN Office.

• If you’ve never had an ITIN before and are submitting an application for the first time, you must bring your complete original tax return(s) for which the ITIN is needed. Return preparation service is no longer offered at this office. There are exceptions to the requirement to include a U.S. federal tax return. See Form W-7 Instructions for more information. If you claim one of these exceptions, you must submit the documentation required instead of a tax return.

• Service at TACs is by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 844-545-5640.