Withholding Certificate Forms Under IRC Sections 1441-1464


Aliens who wish to claim various exemptions from withholding tax on U.S. source income, or who wish to notify their withholding agents of their U.S. or foreign status are often required to file Withholding Certificate Forms.

  • Form W-8BEN, Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for U.S. Tax Withholding
  • Form W-8ECIPDF, Certificate of Foreign Person's Claim That Income Is Effectively Connected With the Conduct of a Trade or Business in the United States
  • Form W-8EXP, Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for U.S. Tax Withholding
  • Form W-8IMY, Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Partnership, Or Certain U.S. Branches for U.S. Tax Withholding
  • Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
  • Form 8233, Exemption From Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual

References/Related Topics