Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Retirement Topics - Getting Married and/or Having Children

After getting married or having children (including adopted and stepchildren), a participant should immediately review, and possibly update, his or her retirement plan beneficiaries. Generally, the retirement plan can only pay benefits to a participant’s named beneficiaries upon his or her death.

Most plans require a married participant to obtain his or her spouse’s written consent to change beneficiaries and/or the form in which the plan will pay out benefits.

To change beneficiaries, the participant should:

  • contact his or her employer or plan administrator to request change of beneficiary forms;
  • complete those forms in accordance with their instructions, including obtaining his or her spouse’s signature, if applicable; and
  • submit the completed and signed forms to the employer or plan administrator.

Additional Resources:

Did you know that there are events in life that may have a significant tax impact?