IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding Your CP279A Notice

CP279A is the notice of acceptance for a Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiary.

What you need to do

  • Retain this notice in your permanent records.
  • Notify IRS of necessary changes via Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business.

You may want to

Supply your parent corporation with a copy of this notice.

Answers to Common Questions

Q. How do I report my activity?

A. Subsidiary information should be reported on Form 851, Affiliations Schedule, and other necessary schedules, filed with Form 1120S.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 12-Feb-2015

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)



How to get help

  • Call the 1-800, 1-866 or 1-888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
  • Authorize someone (e.g., accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848.
  • See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.