Automatic Exemption Revocation for Non-Filing: New Employer Identification Number Not Required


Do I need to get a new employer identification number (EIN) for my organization to apply for reinstatement of tax-exempt status?

No. You must apply using the EIN assigned previously to your organization. See Publication 1635, Understanding Your EINPDF, for more information on when you are required to get a new EIN.