Information For...

For you and your family
Individuals abroad and more
EINs and other information

Filing For Individuals

Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Automatic Exemption Revocation for Non-Filing: Reinstating Tax-Exempt Status

How do I get my organization’s tax-exempt status reinstated if it was automatically revoked?

An organization must apply to have its tax-exempt status reinstated, even if it was not originally required to file an application for exemption. It must:

  1. Apply for recognition of tax exemption by filing Form 1023 or Form 1023-EZ, as applicable(if applying under section 501(c)(3)), or Form 1024 or a letter (if applying under a different Code section), regardless of whether the organization was originally required to apply for exemption; and
  2. Pay the appropriate user fee.

An organization may also request retroactive reinstatement as part of its application.

For more information, see Automatic Revocation – How to have your tax-exempt status retroactively reinstated.