Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Automatic Revocation of Exemption for Non-Filing - Frequently Asked Questions: Consequences of Revocation
- What is the effect of automatic revocation on an organization?
- My organization is a private foundation and appears on the list of automatically revoked organizations (Auto-Revocation List). Is the organization still treated as a private foundation? Is the organization required to continue filing Form 990-PF?
- Will automatic revocation affect an organization’s status in the states in which it conducts activities or solicits contributions?
- Will a 501(c)(3) organization on the Auto-Revocation List be eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions?
- When are a donor’s contributions to an automatically revoked 501(c)(3) organization no longer tax-deductible?
- Does my organization have to pay the excise, income or other taxes the IRS assessed before it appeared on the Auto-Revocation List as automatically revoked?
- Will the IRS assess late filing penalties for the three years my organization failed to file its return or notice, or for any other earlier year we didn’t file?
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 14-Apr-2017