Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Exempt Organizations Annual Reporting Requirements - Compensation: Calendar Year Reporting Required

The organization uses a fiscal year as its tax year for completing Form 990. May the organization report executive compensation amounts based on its fiscal year rather than the calendar year amounts reported on Form W-2 or Form 1099?

No. A fiscal year filing organization must report amounts in Form 990, Part VII, and any amounts reported in Schedule J, based on the calendar year ending with or within the organization's fiscal year. This is the same requirement for organizations filing a Form 990 on a calendar year basis.

TIP: Although the organization must use the calendar year to report in Part VII executive compensation and amounts paid to independent contractors, an organization filing Form 990 for a fiscal year must use its fiscal year to report compensation expense amounts in its Statement of Expenses (Part IX of the core form).