IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Have you completed and signed the correct application?

To be recognized as exempt, an organization must submit a completed, signed, and dated application with the appropriate user fee. If an organization is seeking recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the Code, it must complete and file a Form 1023-series application. Most other organizations must complete and file Form 1024, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(a). See the answers to frequently asked questions about Form 1023.

Have you answered all questions in Form 1023 Parts I-XI or Form 1024 Parts I-IV and only those schedules that apply to the organization?

Yes | No

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 05-Jan-2017