Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Private Foundation Excise Tax Appeal Procedures: Representation during appeals

A principal officer or trustee may represent an organization at any level of appeal. Or, the organization may be represented by an attorney, certified public accountant, or individual enrolled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.

If the organization's representative attends a conference without a principal officer or trustee, the representative must file a proper power of attorney or a tax information authorization before receiving or inspecting confidential information. Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative, or Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization , as appropriate (or any other properly written power of attorney or authorization), may be used for this purpose.

Additional information

Form 2848 instructions

Return to Life Cycle of a Private Foundation