IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Unrelated Business Income Tax Return Extension Procedures

Corporations may request an automatic six-month extension of time to file Form 990-T by using Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.  Trusts may request an automatic three-month extension of time to file by using Form 8868.  Also, if more than the initial automatic three months is needed, trusts may file a second Form 8868 to request that the IRS grant an additional, but not automatic, three-month extension.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 28-Jun-2016