Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

FAQs for Indian Tribal Governments regarding Communications, Publications and Sources of Information

These frequently asked questions and answers are provided for general information only and should not be cited as any type of legal authority. They are designed to provide the user with information required to respond to general inquiries. Due to the uniqueness and complexities of Indian law and Federal tax law, it is imperative to ensure a full understanding of the specific question presented, and to perform the requisite research to ensure a correct response is provided.


  1. What types of publications, communications, and information sources are available for Indian tribal governments?
  2. Where do I get forms and publications?
  3. What are Internal Revenue Bulletins and how do I get them?
  4. Does the IRS assist Indian tribes with federal tax issues that impact them?
  5. Are there publications that address filing requirements of Indian tribal gaming operations?
  6. Is there a toll-free number for tax assistance for Tax Exempt and Government Entities?
  7. How do I find out which tribes are federally recognized tribes?
  8. How do I find out how to become a federally recognized tribe?
  9. Who do you call to get answers to State Government questions regarding Indian tribal issues?
  10. What is the National Indian Gaming Association?
  11. What is the National Indian Gaming Commission?
  12. How can I locate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site nearest to my home?
  13. What is the Taxpayer Advocate Service and how do I contact them?

For questions regarding tax return account matters, tax deposits or filing requirements, please contact our Customer Account Services staff toll-free at

For questions on any tribal tax matter, please e-mail us. Be sure to include your name, your phone number and your email address so that we can respond to your question.