ITG FAQ #7 Answer-Can Indian tribal governments issue tax-exempt private activity bonds?


Indian tribal governments generally cannot issue tax-exempt private activity bonds. However, tribal governments can issue tax-exempt bonds to finance the acquisition, construction, reconstruction, or improvement of property which is of a character subject to the allowance for depreciation and which is part of a manufacturing facility (as defined in section 144(a)(12)(C)) provided that certain use, location, ownership, and employment requirements are satisfied.

Return to List of FAQs