This interview will help you determine if you're eligible for the Premium Tax Credit.
Information You'll Need
- Number of dependents being claimed on your return.
- Whether you can be claimed as a dependent by another person.
- Whether any of your dependents is required to file a tax return (those filing only for a refund of withholding or estimated tax are not included).
- Your adjusted gross income (or the type and amount of income received during the year) for the tax year.
- The adjusted gross income (or the type and amount of income received during the year) of your dependents that are required to file a tax return.
- Whether any member of your household was eligible or was covered by insurance that's considered "minimum essential coverage." General information about health insurance coverage can be found at Healthcare.gov.
The tool is designed for taxpayers that were U.S. citizens or resident aliens for the entire tax year for which they're inquiring. If married, the spouse must also have been a U.S. citizen or resident alien for the entire tax year. For information regarding nonresidents or dual-status aliens, please see International Taxpayers.
Conclusions are based on information provided by you in response to the questions you answered. Answers do not constitute written advice in response to a specific written request of the taxpayer within the meaning of section 6404(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Estimated Completion Time: 15 minutes
Please Note: After 15 minutes of inactivity, you'll be forced to start over.
Caution: Using the "Back" button within the ITA tool could cause an application error.