Disaster Services Referral Guide

The following information is designed to aid IRS employees and volunteers at IRS volunteer return preparation sites (VITA, TCE, Military VITA, etc.) who help taxpayers affected by a disaster. Users should interview impacted taxpayers to determine their tax situations, then select the appropriate category below. Each category includes various options to address taxpayer needs.

Click on the appropriate link, if a taxpayer needs....



Publication References:

  • Publication 17 - Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals)
  • Publication 4492 - Information for Taxpayers Affected By Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma
  • Publication 4492-A - Information for Taxpayers Affected by the May 4, 2007 Kansas Storms and Tornadoes
  • Publication 4492-B - Information for Affected Taxpayers in the Midwestern Disaster Areas