Disaster Services Referral Guide
The following information is designed to aid IRS employees and volunteers at IRS volunteer return preparation sites (VITA, TCE, Military VITA, etc.) who help taxpayers affected by a disaster. Users should interview impacted taxpayers to determine their tax situations, then select the appropriate category below. Each category includes various options to address taxpayer needs.
Click on the appropriate link, if a taxpayer needs....
- Answers to tax questions relating to disasters
- Help obtaining current tax year information
- Return preparation assistance for a current or prior year tax return, claiming a disaster loss or gain - for business filers
- Tax forms or publications
- Help for financial hardship experienced because of a natural disaster
- Return preparation assistance for a state tax return
- Publication 17 - Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals)
- Publication 4492 - Information for Taxpayers Affected By Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma
- Publication 4492-A - Information for Taxpayers Affected by the May 4, 2007 Kansas Storms and Tornadoes
- Publication 4492-B - Information for Affected Taxpayers in the Midwestern Disaster Areas