Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad - Extensions of Time to File

You can be granted an extension of time to file your return. In some circumstances, you can also be granted an extension of time to file and pay any tax due (see Automatic 2 Month Extension below). However, if you pay the tax due after the regular due date, interest will be charged from the regular due date until the date the tax is paid. For additional information on extensions, see:

References/Related Topics