We sent you this notice because you filed your information returns late.
What you need to do
- You must get an extension of time to file so we can finish processing your returns. To request an extension, send us a letter with the information described in the notice along with a copy of the late return and the notice.
- You must respond within 30 days from the date of the notice.
Answers to Common Questions
Where should I mail my response?
Mail your statement to the address at the top of the notice.
Can I fax the information?
Yes. You can fax your response to (801) 620-5555. Follow the instructions for the cover sheet as explained on your notice. Please don’t fax and mail your response.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.