We denied your request to extend the time to file Form 5330 because your Form 5558, Application for Extension of Time To File Certain Employee Plan Returns, wasn't signed or was signed by someone who wasn’t authorized.
What you need to do
- File Form 5330 or a correct Form 5558 by the due date of the Form 5330. If Form 5330 is filed after the due date of the return (including any extension), the return will be considered late and subject to late filing penalties.
You may want to
- Review the filing requirement for your organization at Retirement Plans Community.
Answers to Common Questions
Q. Where can I go for more information about Employee Benefit Plans?
A. For more information on Employee Benefit Plans, see Retirement Plans Community.
Q. Can I get help over the phone?
A. If you have questions and/or need help, please call 1-877-829-5500. Personal assistance is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT.
Tips for next year
- Be sure to sign and mail your Form 5558 on or before the due date of your return.
- Review the Form 5558 resources at Form 5500 Corner.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.