We sent you a replacement refund check.
What you need to do
- If you have the expired check, please destroy it.
- When you receive the new check, remember to cash it.
You may want to...
- Call 1-800-829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) to order forms and publications.
Answers to Common Questions
When will I receive my replacement check?
You should receive the replacement check within 30 days.
Can I request that you mail my refund check to an alternate address?
Refund checks are mailed only to the address of record, which is the address provided on the tax return or the result of a permanent address change request submitted after the return is filed.
Tips for next year
Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.