We revoked your subchapter S election.
What you need to do
- File Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return (PDF), by the required due date.
You may want to
- Keep this notice for your permanent records.
Frequently asked questions
Can I re-elect subchapter S status?
You must wait five years before you're eligible to make a new election.
Tips for next year
- File Form 1120 by the required due date.
- Consider e-filing. IRS providers and large businesses authorized to participate in IRS e-file can file Form 1120, Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation, and Form 1120-F, U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation, through Modernized e-File (MeF).
- Visit Form 1120/1120S/1120-F e-file for more information about MeF.