CP279A is the notice of acceptance for a Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiary.
What you need to do
- Retain this notice in your permanent records.
- Notify IRS of necessary changes via Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business.
You may want to
Supply your parent corporation with a copy of this notice.
Answers to Common Questions
Q. How do I report my activity?
A. Subsidiary information should be reported on Form 851, Affiliations Schedule, and other necessary schedules, filed with Form 1120S.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.