We approved your Form 1128, Application To Adopt, Change, or Retain a Tax Year.
What you need to do
- Timely file a short period annual return for the tax year ending shown on Form 1128.
You may want to
- Keep this notice for your permanent records.
Answers to common questions
What is Form 1128?
When approved, this form allows a taxpayer to change the date on which they close their tax year. Partnerships, S corporations, personal service corporations (PSCs), or trusts may be required to file the form to adopt or retain a certain tax year.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.