Your organization may be required to file an annual electronic notice (e-Postcard), Form 990-N.
What you need to do
- If your organization hasn't filed its annual information return or e-Postcard, it must file as soon as possible.
Answers to Common Questions
Who can file Form 990-N (e-Postcard)
- A tax-exempt organization other than a private foundation or political or foreign organization whose gross receipts are normally $50,000 or less.
- A Section 509(a)(3) supporting organization of a religious organization whose gross receipts are normally $5,000 or less.
Where can I file Form 990-N (e-Postcard)?
- Go to irs.gov/charities.
- Type 990-N in the search box.
- Click on the link for the Form 990-N.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.