What this notice is about
Your organization may be required to file an annual electronic notice (e-Postcard), Form 990-N.
What you need to do
- If your organization hasn't filed its annual information return or e-Postcard, it must file as soon as possible.
Frequently asked questions
Who can file Form 990-N (e-Postcard)
- A tax-exempt organization other than a private foundation or political or foreign organization whose gross receipts are normally $50,000 or less.
- A Section 509(a)(3) supporting organization of a religious organization whose gross receipts are normally $5,000 or less.
Where can I file Form 990-N (e-Postcard)?
- Visit website Charities and Nonprofits.
- Type 990-N in the search box.
- Click on the link for the Form 990-N.
- Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status of Your Organization (PDF)
- Publication 4839, Annual Form 990 Filing Requirements for Tax-Exempt Organizations (PDF)