We reviewed your Form W-7A, Application for Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. Adoptions, and we need additional information in order to process it.
What you need to do
- Complete the CP563 response card and provide the requested information as described in your notice.
You may want to
- Call the IRS at 737-800-5511 or 267-941-1000 (for international calls), if you have additional questions.
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (.pdf).
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.