IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding Your CP80 Notice

We credited payments and/or other credits to your tax account for the tax period shown on your notice. However, we haven't received your tax return.

What you need to do

If you are required to file this tax return:

  • Please file today. Send your signed tax return to the address shown on the top of your notice.

  • Answers to common questions

    What if I have already filed this return?
    Please send a newly-signed copy to the address shown on the top of your notice.

    What if I want the credit transferred to another tax form, tax period or tax identification number?
    Please call us at 1-800-829-8374 to give us details of the account to which the credit should be transferred.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 20-Jan-2016

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)



How to get help

  • Call the 1-800, 1-866 or 1-888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
  • Authorize someone (e.g., accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848.
  • See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.