IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your CP88 Notice

We are holding your refund because you have not filed one or more tax returns and we believe you will owe tax.

What you need to do

  • File your personal tax return immediately or explain to us why you don't need to file.
  • Use the response form on your notice to explain:
    • why you're filing late
    • why you don't have to file
    • that you've already filed

You may want to...


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 28-Jun-2016

How to get help