Welcome! We're excited to have you as a grantee. We look forward to the coming year.
- Terms and Conditions – Here you will find the specific terms and conditions that apply to your grant. Review these prior to signing your agreement.
- Grant Program Resource Guide - Here you will find the required actions you need to take during the 20 calendar days following notification to confirm your acceptance or decline of the grant award. Please refer to the section titled, "Required Actions for Acceptance or Decline of Grant Award."
- Orientation - Take a few moments to view the VITA Grant Orientation for program highlights and questions asked during the orientation.
Managing the Grant:
Now that you have the grant, it's time to ensure your processes for managing the funds are in place and that you can access the funds on-line.
- My responsibilities as a grant recipient - In order to be considered for subsequent grant opportunities the recipient must:
- Maintain tax compliance
- Comply with all reporting requirements
- Meet minimum returns expected goal
- Grant Management - Check the Grant Programs Resource Guide for useful aids in grant management.
- Accessing Grant Funds - Use the Payment Management System to request and report funding information.
Closing the Grant:
Find out what to do when the project period ends and it's time to submit the final report, Final Reporting Requirements. The final report must be filed by September 30, which is 90 days after the project period ends (June 30).
- Form 13533 VITA/TCE Sponsor Agreement – The sponsor agreement is required to be completed by all grant recipients.
- Form 14335 Contact Information for the VITA and TCE Grant Program - This form is used to notify us of the individuals to contact regarding your grant.
- Standard Form PPR-A, Performance Measures - This form is used to report on your organization's performance.
- Publication 4671, VITA Grant Program Overview and Application Instructions
- Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide - Assistance in understanding requirements of the VITA and TCE Grant Programs.
- Publication 1084, IRS Volunteer Site Coordinator Handbook - Guidance on managing and operating a VITA site.
- VITA Grant Workbook - The workbook provides templates for use in reporting prior year performance, proposed returns, sites, focus, matching funds, budget detail information, and reporting cash sub-awards or third party transactions.
- VITA Grant FAQs - The most frequently asked questions regarding the VITA Grant process.
- Civil Rights/Reporting Requirement Highlights - Get an overview of the civil rights and reporting requirements for grant recipients.
- Division of Payment Management - Provides the on-line payment management system for funds request, disbursement and reporting.
- 2 CFR 200, Title 2 Grants and Agreements - The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It is not an official legal edition of the CFR.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities found previously in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS). Organizations interested in applying for the VITA or TCE grants must maintain an active registration in SAM. It also contains information on organizations and individuals that are excluded from receiving federal funds.
- Sub-award Reporting - Reporting of first tier sub-awards. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for guidance on reporting sub-awards.
Contact the VITA Grant Program at Grant.Program.Office@irs.gov.