The mission of Tax Exempt Bonds (TEB) is to administer federal tax laws applicable to tax-advantaged bonds and to provide our customers with top quality service by applying tax laws with integrity and fairness.
TEB is comprised of two groups - Field Operations and Technical and they are responsible for:
- identifying and correcting noncompliance in the tax-advantaged bonds community
- administering the TEB Voluntary Closing Agreement Program (VCAP)
- responding to general information requests and referrals from the tax-advantaged bonds community
- program planning and outreach on tax-advantaged bonds
- presenting outreach programs to the tax-advantaged bond community.
For answers to questions about tax-advantaged bonds, call IRS TE/GE Customer Account Services (CAS) at (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number).
Voluntary Closing Agreement Program (VCAP)
Mail closing agreement requests to:
Internal Revenue Service
SE:T:GE:ITG/TEB: 1122 Town & Country Commons
TEB Room 128
Chesterfield, MO 63017-8293
For questions about TEB VCAP or discuss a closing agreement request, email TEBVCAP@IRS.gov
To request a speaker or panelist for your meeting, workshop, seminar or conference, see Requesting Educational Services from Tax Exempt & Government Entities.
Subscribe to Tax Exempt Bond Community Updates
Subscribe to our free newsletter to get updates including upcoming webinars, developments in the tax law and regulations applicable to tax-exempt bonds, and other information.