The Office of Professional Responsibility's (OPR's) webinar, The Office of Professional Responsibility: What You Need To Know About Practicing Before The IRS, is now available on the IRS video portal.
Stephen A. Whitlock, Director of the OPR, discusses:
- Regulations governing tax practice before the IRS (Circular 230, Rev. 6/2014)
- Due diligence obligations of tax professionals
- Overview of other key Circular 230 provisions
- Practitioner responsibilities to their clients and to the Tax Administration System
- Best practices for all tax professionals
- Office of Professional Responsibility Policies and Procedures
In addition, the Director gave the following presentations at the 2017 Nationwide Tax Forums:
- Keeping Up With Your Due Diligence. This seminar will address due diligence topics for tax professionals and apply Circular 230 to specific issues in tax practice.
- OPR Discipline- What You Need To Know. This seminar will address tax professional behavior that results in discipline, from reprimand to disbarment. It will include a discussion of factors that drive the decision on whether to take disciplinary action, and how the Office of Professional Responsibility decides the appropriate level of discipline.