Before you begin your PTIN renewal application, be sure you have the following available:
- Personal information (name, mailing address)
- Business information (name, mailing address)
- Explanations for felony convictions (if any) 1
- Explanations for problems with your U.S. individual or business tax obligations (if any) 1
- If applicable, any U.S.-based professional certification information (CPA, attorney, enrolled agent, enrolled retirement plan agent, enrolled actuary, certified acceptance agent, or state license) including certification number, jurisdiction of issuance, and expiration date
Note: Most PTIN correspondence is delivered through secure online messaging in your PTIN account. Use the most up-to-date email address when obtaining your PTIN to ensure that you receive our messages.
1 Felony convictions and discrepancies with your federal tax obligations may affect your ability to obtain a PTIN