Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Application of Section 501(q) to Organizations Assisting Homeowners at Risk of Foreclosure

The IRS Chief Counsel's office has concluded that organizations that provide educational information on financial topics or financial counseling to homeowners at risk of foreclosure are providing "credit counseling services" within the meaning of section 501(q) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Chief Counsel Memorandum has been transmitted to the Exempt Organizations Determinations office for use in processing applications under Code section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4).