Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Automatic Revocation of Exemption for Non-Filing - Frequently Asked Questions: The Basics
- What is automatic revocation?
- What organizations are subject to automatic revocation?
- How does my organization know that it has been automatically revoked?
- On what date is automatic revocation effective?
- Will the IRS publish the names of all automatically revoked section 501(c)(3) organizations in the Internal Revenue Bulletin?
- My organization never applied for recognition of tax-exempt status, and has not filed a required return or notice for three consecutive years. Is our tax-exempt status automatically revoked even if our name does not appear on the Auto-Revocation List?
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 31-Jan-2017