Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Additional Resources on Donated Property for Charitable Organizations
- Publication 1771, Charitable Contributions: Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements
- Charitable Organizations - Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements: Overview of substantiation and disclosure requirements for charitable organization with respect to donated property
- Life Cycle of a Private Foundation - Substantiating Noncash Contributions: Overview of substantiation requirements for private foundation with respect to donated property
- State charity regulators: State law may require charities that solicit contributions to register and file periodic reports.
- Exempt Organizations Select Check (Pub 78 database): The IRS provides a searchable database of organizations that are eligible to receive deductible charitable contributions.
- Can I Deduct My Charitable Contributions?: An IRS on-line mini-course providing a brief overview of the charitable contribution deduction rules
- Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization: An overview of the federal tax rules that apply to tax-exempt organizations, including charities
- Exempt Organizations Forms and Instructions: A list of forms and instructions for exempt organizations
- Publication 1828, Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations: This publication explains the tax benefits and responsibilities of tax-exempt churches and religious organizations, including substantiation and disclosure rules for charitable contributions to these organizations.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 28-Oct-2016