This page provides information submitted within approved filings of the Form 1023-EZ, Streamlined Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, for applications submitted on or after August 6, 2014.
The data is based on information provided on Forms 1023-EZ approved by the IRS. The information is extracted quarterly and added to the annual summary document. The files are in a spreadsheet format (xlsx) and can be opened by applications including Microsoft Excel or its corresponding viewer.
- Download the Excel Viewer.
- For detailed information on the files, including available fields, please review the Form 1023-EZ Approval information sheet.
- Questions about tax-exempt organizations or the content of the files? Call TE/GE Customer Account Services at 1-877-829-5500.
Files by Year
- Exempt Organizations Select Check - a cumulative list of organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions, formerly known as Publication 78, in a searchable listing with EINs
- Statistics of Income Annual Extracts of Tax-Exempt Organization Financial Data - expanded financial data on Form 990, 990-EZ and 990-PF filings by active organizations in a given calendar year
- Charitable & Exempt Organizations Statistics - information on other Statistics of Income studies relating to the tax-exempt sector
- EO Business Master File (EO BMF) Extract – a data extract which includes cumulative information on exempt organizations.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference above to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Internal Revenue Service.