- What is a down payment assistance program operated by a tax-exempt organization?
- Why is the IRS focusing on down payment assistance programs of exempt organizations?
- How does an exempt organization's seller-funded down payment assistance program generally work?
- Doesn’t a seller-funded down payment assistance program facilitate the ability of low-income individuals and families to purchase affordable housing, and therefore further the exempt purposes of a tax-exempt organization that sponsors the program?
- What is the IRS doing to stop abuses involving down payment assistance programs sponsored by exempt organizations?
- Has the IRS issued any guidance on the criteria for exemption, under section 501(c)(3), of organizations that sponsor down payment assistance programs??
- How does Revenue Ruling 2006-27 affect seller-funded down payment assistance programs sponsored by tax-exempt organizations?
- Is down payment assistance includable in the homebuyer’s income?
View and print all Frequently Asked Questions (Adobe).