Reporting other information to the IRS


If you have information about tax noncompliance but are not interested in an award, or you have other information you believe may be of interest to the IRS:

  • For information on how to report suspected tax fraud activity, if you have information about an individual or company you suspect is not complying with the tax law, and you do not want to seek an award. You can remain anonymous.
  • The IRS sets professional standards for attorneys, certified public accountants and enrolled agents who represent taxpayers before the IRS.  To learn more about those professional standards, or how to report a violation, see Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) At-a-Glance and Circular 230PDF violations.
  • Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse to Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), if you want to report, confidentially, misconduct, waste, fraud, or abuse by an IRS employee or a Tax Professional, you can call 800-366-4484 (800-877-8339 for TTY/TDD users). You can remain anonymous.

Whistleblower Office