I filed electronically and my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?
There must be an error on your tax return. Please review the following:
- You should receive an explanation of why your return was rejected.
- If you made a mistake in entering a social security number, a payer's identification number, omitted a form, or misspelled a name, you can correct these errors and electronically file your tax return again.
- Unfortunately, there are other errors that will cause you to have to file your return by mail.
- If you have further questions, call us toll-free at 800-829-1040 (see Telephone Assistance for hours of operation).
- For general information about e-file, refer to E-File Options for Individuals.