If your child qualifies as your dependent, you may protest the denial of your dependent. To correct your return, you must give us your daughter's correct name, social security number, and date of birth. Call the phone number listed in the upper right-hand corner of your letter to request the correction or mail the correct information with a copy of the IRS letter in the envelope provided.