About Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request


If you receive any government payment shown below, you may use this form to ask the payer to withhold federal income tax.

  • Unemployment compensation (including Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act (RUIA) payments),
  • Social security benefits,
  • Social security equivalent Tier 1 railroad retirement benefits,
  • Commodity Credit Corporation loans,
  • Certain crop disaster payments under the Agricultural Act of 1949 or under Title II of the Disaster Assistance Act of 1988
  • Dividends and other distributions from Alaska Native Corporations to its shareholders.

Current revision

Recent developments

None at this time.

Other items you may find useful