IRS recommends that you download PDF files to your local computer prior to opening them.
If you are having difficulty downloading or viewing PDF files, below are several options to assist you:
Verify that you have the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- To determine the version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader you are using, open Adobe Acrobat/Reader from your start menu, click on the help tab, and then About Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
- If you have a version of Adobe Acrobat or Reader less than 11, we recommend you download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC from the Adobe Reader download page on the Adobe website. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a free download.
Save PDF to Your PC
You may save the PDF file to your local computer. Saving the PDF file to your local PC can normally be accomplished as follows:
- Right click on the title link (option-click on the Mac will automatically save the file locally).
- Select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Firefox/Chrome) when presented with a menu (if your mouse is configured for left handed operation use the left mouse button).
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open the file directly after downloading.
Review Adobe's Support Knowledgebase
If you have problems with a PDF file you can review the troubleshooting information in Adobe's support knowledgebase.