Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

My organization needs to file a tax return

Filing process

There are a variety of resources to help you understand the filing requirements for employers.

Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide
Publication 15 explains your tax, filing and reporting responsibilities as an employer including filing returns for previous years.

Publication 15-A, Employer's Supplemental Tax Guide
This publication contains specialized and detailed employment tax information supplementing the basic information provided in Publication 15 (Circular E), and tables for withholding on distributions of Indian gaming profits to tribal members.

Depositing and reporting employment taxes
Learn about what, how and when to report the taxes you deposit and what forms to use.

Submitting your completed return

What is the address I should mail Form 941?
The address for Form 941 can be found in the instructions for the form. Be sure to use the address for governmental entities.

Mailing other forms
Tax-exempt and government entities, with the exception of employee retirement plans, generally file reports and returns at the same address.

How can I e-file my completed forms?
Forms 940, 941, 943, 944 and 945 can be submitted electronically, for a small fee, through several secure third-party providers.

Requesting an extension to file

My organization needs to request an extension
Need more time to prepare your federal tax return? Find information on how to apply for an extension of time to file. Please be aware that an extension of time to file your return does not grant you any extension of time to pay your taxes.