Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Child and Dependent Care Credit & Flexible Benefit Plans
- My spouse and I both work and are eligible for the child and dependent care credit. Can I include the expense of my 5 year-old son's private kindergarten tuition as a qualified expense on Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses?
- Why did I receive a Form W-2 reporting a benefit of $3,000 in Box 10 when my employer set aside $3,000 in wages for dependent care under a dependent care benefit plan?
- My babysitter refused to provide me with her social security number. Can I still claim the amount I paid her for childcare while I worked? If so, how do I claim these childcare expenses on my tax return?
- I am thinking of having a family member babysit for my two-year old child while I work. Can I claim this cost as a childcare expense even though my family member is not a registered daycare provider? Who is responsible for paying employment taxes on the money I pay for this care?
- Do daycare payments for an elderly person qualify for the child and dependent care credit?
Category: Childcare Credit, Other Credits