Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
W-2 - Additional, Incorrect, Lost, Non-receipt, Omitted
Question: May my employer provide me my Form W-2 electronically?
Yes, your employer may furnish your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, electronically, provided certain criteria are met:
- You must agree to receive the Form W-2 in an electronic format and demonstrate to your employer that you'll be able to access your electronic Form W-2.
- Prior to, or at the time of your consent, your employer must provide you a disclosure statement containing specific disclosures regarding the furnishing of the Form W-2.
- Additionally, the electronic version of the Form W-2 must contain all required information and comply with applicable revenue procedures relating to substitute statements to recipients.
- If the statement is furnished on a website, then your employer must notify you via mail, electronic mail, or in person, that the statement is posted on a website and provide instructions on accessing and printing the statement.
- Treasury Regulation 31.6051-1(j) - Electronic Furnishing of Statements
- Publication 15-A, Employer's Supplemental Tax Guide
Category: IRS Procedures
Subcategory: W-2 - Additional, Incorrect, Lost, Non-receipt, Omitted