The TCE grant opportunity can be found on Grants.gov by searching CFDA Number 21.006 beginning May 1. In order to apply for the TCE grant all applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements. Refer to the “Eligibility Criteria” section in the Publication 1101 for further details.
VITA/TCE Grant Application Process Overview - Find grant opportunities and guidance on submitting an application for a grant.
Things you will need:
- Publication 1101, Application Package and Guidelines for Managing a TCE Program -Detailed instructions are included to assist in preparing your application.
- Dun & Bradstreet Universal Number (DUNS)
- System for Award Management (SAM)
- Grants.gov Application Submission Information
- State Review under Executive Order 12372 (if applicable) Applicants should contact their State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to determine whether their application is subject to State intergovernmental review.
The items indicated below should be included in the application. Please label the application by the names indicated in the Publication 1101 before submission.
- Form 14204, TCE Application Checklist and Contact Sheet
- Background Narrative, qualifications of organization
- Confirmation of Non-Profit Eligibility
- Proposed Program/Budget Plan, information on methods/procedures for implementing the program
- Form 8653, TCE Application Plan for Budget Information
- Standard Form 424, Application for Federal Assistance
- Civil Rights Narrative, organizational information about discrimination policy
- Standard Form LLL , Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (if applicable)
- Copy of Single Audit Report (if applicable)
- Download the application by following system instructions on Grants.gov.
- Complete the application as directed in Publication 1101.Submit the completed application and all required attachments through Grants.gov.
- All applications MUST BE submitted through Grants.gov and must pass validation in Grants.gov on May 31.
Notification of Grant:
The Grant Program Office will notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection of a grant award by email. If not awarded a grant, general information is provided on why the applicant was not selected. Notification is scheduled for early October.
- Standard Form 424, Application for Federal Assistance - This form is required for all grant applications.
- Standard Form LLL, Disclosure Form to Report Lobbying - This form is only required if applicable.
- Form 14204, TCE Application Checklist and Contact Sheet - This form is required for all grant applications.
- Form 8653, TCE Application Plan (Budget Information) – This form is required for all grant applications.
- Publication 4680, TCE/VITA Grant Programs Brochure
- TCE Grant FAQs - The most frequently asked questions regarding the application process
- Grants.gov - Online federal grant announcement and application system.
- Office of Management and Budget - Circulars governing the administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements of a grant award
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is the primary registrant database of contracts and assistance awards for the federal government and is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities you used to find in CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.
- Dun & Bradstreet Universal Number - The DUNS number is a means to identify entities receiving federal grants and cooperative agreements. Call 1–866–705–5711 to learn more
Contact the TCE Grant Program at email@example.com