The VITA Grant Opportunity can be found on Grants.gov by searching CFDA number 21.009 beginning May 1. In order to apply for the VITA Grant, all applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements. Refer to the eligibility requirements in the Publication 4671, VITA Grant Program Overview and Application Instructions (PDF). For further details see the VITA Grant FAQs.
Things you will need:
- Publication 4671, VITA Grant Program Overview and Application Instructions (PDF)
- Dun & Bradstreet Universal Number (DUNS)
- System for Award Management (SAM)
- Grants.gov Registration
- State Review under Executive Order 12372 (if applicable) Applicants should contact their State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to determine whether their application is subject to State intergovernmental review.
Application Download and Submission:
- Download the application by following system instructions on Grants.gov.
- Complete the application as directed in Publication 4671 (PDF).
- Submit the completed application and all required attachments through Grants.gov. All applications MUST BE submitted through Grants.gov on or before May 31.
The items indicated below should be included in the application. Please label the application components by the names indicated in the Publication 4671 before submission.
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424)
- Confirmation of Non-Profit Eligibility
- Narrative - Includes three sections: program section, civil rights section, and financial section
- Other Attachments - Includes attachments mentioned in the narrative sections
- Form 13977, VITA Grant Budget Plan
- Form 13978, Projected Operations VITA Grant Application
- Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (if applicable)
- Disclosure of Lobby Activities (SF LLL) (if applicable)
- Form 14355, Contact Information for VITA and TCE Grant Programs
Notification of Grant:
The Grant Program Office will notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection of a grant award by email. If not awarded a grant, general information is provided on why the applicant was not selected. Notification of award status is scheduled for October.
These forms are for information only. You must use the forms that are included in the application package downloaded from Grants.gov for your submission.
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424)- This form is required for all grant applications.
- Form 13977, VITA Grant Budget Plan (PDF)
- Form 13978, Projected Operations VITA Grant Application (PDF)
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF LLL). This form is only required if applicable.
- Form 14335, Contact Information for VITA and TCE Grants (PDF)
- Grants.gov - Online federal grant announcement and application system.
- 2 CFR 200, Title 2 Grants and Agreements - The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a currently updated version of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It is not an official legal edition of the CFR.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities found previously in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS). Organizations interested in applying for the VITA or TCE grants must maintain an active registration in SAM. It also contains information on organizations and individuals that are excluded from receiving federal funds.
- Dun & Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) - The DUNS number is a means to identify entities receiving federal grants and cooperative agreements. Call 1-866-705-5711 to learn more.
Contact the VITA Grant Program at Grant.Program.Office@irs.gov.