Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Payments Made to Foreign Intermediaries and Foreign Flow-Through Entities

Payments made to a foreign intermediary or foreign flow-through entity are treated as made to the payees on whose behalf the intermediary or entity acts. The Form W-8IMY, Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding, provided by a foreign intermediary or flow-through entity must be accompanied by additional information for you to be able to reliably associate the payment with a payee. The additional information required depends on the type of intermediary or flow-through entity and the extent of the withholding responsibilities it assumes.

References/Related Topics