Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Itemized Deductions
Application for Automatic Extension of Time
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification


Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding Your CP080 Notice

We credited payments and/or other credits to your tax account for the form and tax period shown on your notice. However, we haven't received your tax return.

What you need to do

  • If you are required to file this tax return please file today. Send your signed tax return to the address shown on the top of this notice.

Answers to Common Questions

What if I have already filed this return?
Please send a newly-signed copy to the address shown on the top of your notice.

What if I want the credit transferred to another tax form, tax period or tax identification number?
Please call us at 1-800-829-8374 to give us details of the account to which the credit should be transferred.


Printable samples of this notice (PDF)

How to get help