We credited payments and/or other credits to your tax account for the form and tax period shown on your notice. However, we haven't received your tax return.
What you need to do
- If you are required to file this tax return please file today. Send your signed tax return to the address shown on the top of this notice.
Answers to Common Questions
What if I have already filed this return?
Please send a newly-signed copy to the address shown on the top of your notice.
What if I want the credit transferred to another tax form, tax period or tax identification number?
Please call us at 1-800-829-8374 to give us details of the account to which the credit should be transferred.
Tax publications you may find useful
- Publication 1, Your Rights as a Taxpayer (PDF)
- Form 8716, Election To Have a Tax Year Other Than a Required Tax Year (PDF)
- Form W-7A Application for Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending U.S. Adoptions (PDF)
- Form W-7 (SP) Solicitud de Número de Identificación Personal del Contribuyente del Servicio de Impuestos Internos (PDF)
- Full list of tax forms and instructions
How to get help
- Call the 800, 866 or 888 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
- Authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (PDF)
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.