Understanding Your CP134B Notice


What this notice is about

This balance due notice alerts you there is a discrepancy in the amount of federal tax deposits credited to your account from the amount reported on your tax return, and to make payment by the pay-by-date listed on the notice.

What you need to do

  • If you agree with the information as shown, pay the amount requested.
    1. If you’re enrolled in the EFTPS: The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, please use that method of payment.
    2. If you’re not enrolled in the EFTPS, pay by check or money order.
      • Make payable to United States Treasury.
      • Write your taxpayer identification number, tax form number and the tax period on your payment.
      • Mail your payment and the payment stub in the enclosed envelope.
  • If you made payments not shown on this notice, call us at the number listed on Page 1 of notice.

You may want to

Compare your records against the notice figures to ensure the notice is correct.

Frequently asked questions

What should I do if I disagree with the information contained in the notice?

If you disagree with the information contained in the notice, contact us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of your notice.

Will I receive a penalty if I can’t pay the full amount?

Yes, you will receive a late payment or failure to deposit penalty depending on what is owed. Notice 746, Information About Your Notice, Penalty and InterestPDF, contains detailed information about penalties and interest.

Where can I find more information about deposit requirements?

Refer to Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer’s Tax GuidePDF, for more information on "Depositing Taxes."

Helpful information

Need help?